What Should I do to prepare before a storm?
- Have your trees inspected regularly to identify and address problems early
- Look for potential hazards such as hanging branches, deadwood, decay, unusual growths, hollows; and leaning trees that may pose a danger or have the ability to damage your property
- Never attempt to remove or prune trees near powerlines. Always hire a Qualified Arborist to carry out tree work near privately owned powerlines
- Report dangerous situations to Energex on 131962
- Avoid lopping trees, as this may cause unhealthy re-growth and increase the risk of branch failure
- Arborists are professionals equipped to manage and provide safe and diverse procedures and recommendations
- Ensure that the contractor you hire is familiar with the Australian Standard AS4373 (2007) Pruning of Amenity Trees, fully insured and has a minimum qualification of AQF3
- Before pruning or removing trees, check for Vegetation Protected Order – VPO with your local Council
- Arborists can assist with VPO and Local Laws
Are you ready for Storm Season?